A Simple Maintenance Guide For Your Roof
Installing a roof can be expensive. Doesn’t matter if it’s a house, building or a commercial plant, roof system are expensive to install. While repairing or constructing any house, roof is one of the most important and time consuming jobs. But once a good roof has been installed it can at least last a few decades if maintained properly.
Regular maintenance and servicing can help a great dealing extending the life of the roof.
Roof is a major element of any structure which protects it from a lot of harsh external factors like sun, rain, wind, dust, smoke etc. These factors can be really harsh on the roof and can cause considerable damage over time which could be irreversible.
All this can be avoided with proper care and maintenance of the roof. Below are some important tips mentioned, to help make your roof stronger and increase its life.
- Regular Roof Inspections: Every few years perform thorough inspection of your roof. You can hire a professional to do it or do it by yourself. If you have a roof in St. Louis there are plenty of contractors who can help you out. Nowadays most contractors provide free care and service for a few years after the job, make sure you utilize their service and get the necessary checks and inspections done. Inspection helps detecting issues at the early stage, when the problem is not causing any major trouble.
- Get Rid Of Debris: Debris such as small sticks, twigs, dry leaves may lead to algae growth or rot the wood, which can cause irreparable damage to your roof. Thus regular cleaning of the roof not only makes it look good but also helps in maintaining it for a long time.
- Avoid Power Washing: Though it is important to keep the roof clean and free form debris, but one should avoid power washing the roof as it can cause damage by removing undamaged parts of the roof as well.
- Repair small leaks ASAP: Small leaks are just the beginning of the problem. If ignored they only get bigger and lead to major problems. So as soon as you notice a leak not matter how minor repair them immediately.
- Pay Attention To Warning Signs: Don’t ignore any strange sounds from the roof or rodents, leaks or the state of shingles. These are warning signs and should go unnoticed. Roof repair costs a lot and it only increases, with the time you take to fix it. Also shingles are an important element of the roof. They help keep the house dry and insulated. Though a single missing shingle is not a major problem, but if ignored it can soon become a pile of shingles.
With proper maintenance of your roof, you can increase the life of your roof by several decades. All you have to do is follow the above tips and you are set for a really long time. This can save a lot of money as well as time and effort. One important thing to remember while repair or reinstalling the roof is to hire a good contractor who offers great after sales service. This makes maintaining much easier as you always have someone else to it!